Items Due & Fines
- Courtesy notices will be sent to your UP portal e-mail address 3
days before the items are due.
- The library is not liable for non–receipt of these mails.
- Long overdue items will suspend your borrowing privileges and block
your academic results.
- Visit "My Library Account" to verify due dates.
- All late items will accrue fines at present rates.
- You are liable for all items checked out on your library record.
- On "My Library Account" the fines will be displayed against each item that is late.
- Please take note: items long overdue and billed, display a fine
of R800 per item. This is a system generated replacement amount.
Fines may be paid in the following ways:
- In the library at the circulation desks (please take note that we
do not have card facilities)
- At the Client Service Centre when paying with a card. Please get
our account details and the relevant reference number beforehand.
Present the receipt after payment at the circulation counter.
- Electronic transfers. Please send proof of payment. (see banking
- Deposit at the bank. Please send proof of payment.
Cheque account: 214 000 0038
Branch code: 632 005
Reference code for fines: A06614
Send proof of payment to:
Fax: 086 634 0820 or e-mail to email@example.com with your student number.