Welcome To the Study Collection
The Study Collection is also referred to as Reserved Collection. Books in high demand (prescribed and recommended textbooks) are located in this collection.
Policy for the use of material in the Study Collection
- Only two items, for a period of two hours will be issued per student, from the Reserved Collection.
- Study collection books cannot be renewed.
- Books can be issued overnight, but only two hours before the library closes. These books must be returned the following morning when the library opens at 07:30am.
- A fine of R5-00 per item per hour or part thereof will be imposed if the loan period is exceeded.
- If the library is closed, a book return box is available to the right of the main entrance.
- Service to students with outstanding fines will be suspended.
- Students are held responsible for books issued to them and any costs for replacing lost or damaged books will be for the student’s account.
- A receipt is issued as validation of return.
- Books with SRC in front of the call number are located in the Study Collection and can be borrowed for up to one month.
Books in this collection cannot be renewed. These books are kindly donated by the Student Representative Council.
Group Discussion rooms
- Five group study rooms are available for use.
- The rooms have electrical outlets and wireless connectivity.
- Bookings are made at the counter for groups of three or more students, and each session can last up to two hours only.
- Students who arrive 15 minutes after the booking time will forfeit the booking.
- Please have your student card handy as you will need it to make the booking.
- Eating in the rooms is strictly prohibited.